8 Days Rwanda culture and gorilla safari
The 8 days Rwanda cultural and gorilla safari will help you experience Rwandan culture and community heritage with Rwanda gorilla trekking experience. The drive through the thousand hills will let you experience the beautiful Rwandan landscape and help you realise why Rwanda is referred to as, the land of a thousand hills. You will visit Akagera national park and thereafter a pastoral cultural home to engage in activities surrounding the cow.
- Game drives in Akagera national park
- Cultural and community experiences
- Boat ride on Lake Ihema & Lake Kivu
- Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes national park
- Photography moments
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
Gorilla Trekking Tips
- Mountain gorillas live at high altitude and this may cause difficulties for some visitors. You should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Warm clothing is advised as the trekking is done at 1,700 m above sea level so is generally quite cold.
- Recommended clothing is long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Waterproof hiking boots are essential and rain gear useful.
- Carry your day pack with lunch or some snacks. Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.